1 January 2012

Can I stop reality for once in my life?

-I think...- she sighed- I think I am scared to grow up.
-What? Why?
-Because... I don't know- she then said, turning around and making her way over to a chair, close to the main desk in the empty, small restaurant Emily, her friend, owned.
-You don't know? Then how can you tell?- Emily said, raising her eyebrows and looking at her.
She went silent for a minute. -Well.. uh... I guess I do know.
-Then?- Emily said, close to sounding desesperated.
-'Then' what? I mean, I just don't want to, that's about it.
Emily's face was missing an expression but she took a seat, just in front of her, hesitantly.
-I would like to listen to your twisted ideas.- Em complimented, giving Lisa a smile she wasn't able to give back.
-Okay... I just, I feel like there's no going back once you grow up. ¡It's know! Alice in Wonderland? She only went back once! Narnia? Grew up. Peter Pan remained a boy for a reason.
What after? What else is there? Once you're ahead, there's no going back. I want magic, I want to believe.
-But... it's not stopping and there's no where to go. That... unless you know how to travel to Neverland, I have tried at the travel agency is quite ignorant.
Lisa looked at her and then at the wooden floor.
-Besides, you never actually stop dreaming or 'believing'. You can believe whatever you want and as for magic... you can make your own, Lisa, you are quite a magical person.
She laughed and looked at her, a big smile upon her lips.- If you say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment